There are many opportunities for parents to help with the running of the program. For a full list of booster committee positions and a list of duties, please visit this link.
If you do not have the time to serve on the Booster’s commitee, the club needs help in the following areas.
- Chaperones for events that take place out of town
- Feeding athletes on race day
It is club policy that every family helps with Dock Duty when the athletes are rowing on the water. This role enables every practice to have a parent supervising to help the coaching staff if the need occurs. You will be required to do dock duty once every four/five weeks depending on the number of athletes in the program. If you cannot make your required dock duty assignment on a particular day, then you are responsible for organizing your switch with another parent, or finding a suitable substitute.
- Watching over the boathouse and parking lot
- Being on hand if an athlete needs supervision and no coach is present on the land
- Answering any question that a passerby might have during practice time